Senior Director, Commercial Strategic Insights, OncologyUnited States - California - Foster CityCommercial/Sales OperationsRegular
Senior Director, Commercial Strategic Insights, Oncology
Reporting to the Executive Director, Commercial Strategic Insights (CSI), the Sr. Director will lead a team responsible for primary market research for the Oncology business unit within the US Commercial Organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, execution, and evaluation of strategic and tactical US market research plans and initiatives supporting stakeholder insight needs for current and late stage pipeline oncology products. You would work closely with the brand and cross-functional teams including: Commercial Analytics and Forecasting, Sales Analytics and Operations, and Global Analytics and Insights to deliver actionable insights for Gilead Oncology teams and products.
Our Sr Director will be responsible for creating an environment in which the team is highly-motivated and engaged, working together (and cross-functionally) to deliver exceptional results, and ensure long-term success.
- Lead, manage, and grow a high performing team that demonstrates strong market research competencies with healthcare providers and consumers and delivers results.
- Lead market research strategy, planning, vendor contracts and manage the CSI Oncology budget.
- Engages with key US marketing and cross-functional stakeholders to develop and execute market research to shape the strategies and tactics critical to successfully meet business objectives.
- Demonstrate experience generating superior customer market research insights, individually and through direct reports, to provide a competitive advantage.
- Ensure team provides oncology expertise and consulting advice in areas of critical business need including identification of optimal pre- and post-launch brand strategies and marketing tactics.
- Demonstrates broad cross functional leadership. Manage cross-functional collaboration processes to ensure development of insightful market research plans that systematically and holistically address brands’ strategic objectives and tactical requirements.
- Represent Oncology CSI function at appropriate senior level meetings and make recommendations to advance the portfolio based on a sound knowledge of the marketplace.
- Shares best practices across market research and brand marketing teams and fosters agility and continuous improvement within the group to address emerging and shifting priorities of the commercial business.
- Direct activities to support the professional development of the Oncology team and support recruitment and employee retention to achieve best in industry capabilities.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, standards and procedures in every interaction. Enforce compliance with guidelines and policies on marketing research interactions with physicians.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 14 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or related industry experience (*12 years’ experience with an advanced degree)
- 5+ years of relevant experience in market research field and previous oncology experience is required.
- Demonstrated successful leadership, management, and development of teams responsible for market research. Strong judge of talent with the ability to make tough talent decisions.
- Thorough understanding of pharmaceutical sales and marketing practices, product lifecycle management and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability to drive large cross-functional initiatives, as well as influence laterally and vertically.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities based on changing business needs, as well as ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, planning, communication and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of primary qualitative and quantitative market research techniques and their optimal uses to inform business decisions.
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills, ability to lead, influence, resolve conflict and drive consensus among diverse cross functional stakeholders.