Senior EH&S Specialistアイルランド - コルク総務/EH&S正社員
Specific job responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation, review, update and delivery of policies, procedures, practices, and training which support continual improvement of the site EH&S and Quality Management Systems (EH&S & QMS)
- Attends and reports to the department on EH&S meetings, updates the members with regards to observations, changes in procedures, work practices and general EH&S information.
- Provides EH&S induction for new personnel and contractors; prepares, co-ordinates and presents specialised safety and environmental training, as required, for all personnel
- Ensures that the site procedures for event investigations (accidents, incidents, near misses, hazard observations) are carried out as appropriate, investigations and remedial actions tracked to closure in line with stage gates.
- Overseas the implementation and review of the site Emergency Response Plan; schedules, organizes and conducts emergency response training and exercises with all levels of staff
- Ensures supplies of correct safety equipment are maintained and accessible – purchases, preforms preventative maintenance and arranges for and/or performs fit checks to comply with regulations
- Assists with screening and communicating environmental regulatory requirements relating to the development and manufacture of APIs
- Maintains records relating to environmental management system initiatives and projects, records of regulatory filings and correspondence
- Serves as EH&S representative for key environmental programs, prepares meeting agendas, addresses technical concerns, and ensures preparation and distribution of meeting minutes
- Gathers data for the purposes of regulatory reporting and for monitoring, measuring, and communicating environmental performance; prepares report submissions
- Co-ordinates with and leads on queries from consultants and laboratories relating to new substance registration programs. Monitors and measures performance in relation to contractual obligations and project deadlines
- Oversees Gilead internal projects to ensure all EH&S regulations and company policies are being followed
Communicates cross-functionally: routinely interfaces with other functions on site and personnel to identify regulatory requirements at early stage of process development
Actively participates and represents EH&S in internal management system and regulatory compliance audits, prepares reports, monitors and tracks the status of compliance projects
- Develops and delivers training to departmental groups relating to management system conformance and regulatory compliance
- Plans, implements, audits and co-ordinates upgrades for site safety equipment
- Utilises established systems and practices to determine and develop approaches to routine problems of moderate complexity, based on analysis of situation or data
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of current International, European & National safety and environmental legislation and standards (OSHA, ISO, SHWWA 2005 and associated Regulations), etc.
- Possesses a high degree of technical knowledge and understanding of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Access, and standard MS Office tools
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Demonstrates planning and organisational skills including project management
Specific education and experience requirements:
- Relevant years of experience and BSc. Degree
- Background in health and safety, chemistry, engineering or environmental science
- A technical diploma in Health and Safety, Chemistry, or Biological Science and relevant experience may also be considered.