Cell Therapy Specialist I - $8,000* Sign OnUnited States - California - El SegundoManufacturing Operations & Supply ChainRegular
Kite is seeking a highly motivated individual with cell culture experience to work on innovative T cell therapy for cancer treatment. The Cell Therapy Specialist will be responsible for cell culture media preparation, cell processing and cell expansion in a cGMP manufacturing facility.
- Perform all tasks associated with the manufacture of commercial product following batch records and SOPs
- Work as part of a small team to execute GMP runs in close collaboration with Product Sciences and Quality
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures, batch records, deviations and change controls
- Maintain appropriate inventories of material and supplies within the cleanroom areas to support manufacturing activities.
- Successfully troubleshoot processing and equipment issues
- Other duties as assigned
- AA Degree with 1+ years of experience in pharmaceutical / biotechnology or similar manufacturing cGMP
- High School Degree with 2+ years of experience in pharmaceutical / biotechnology or similar manufacturing cGMP
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 1+ years of cGMP experience in a manufacturing pharmaceutical/biotechnology environment
Cell culture processing experience
- Previous experience with cell therapy products is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing of biotechnology products, aseptic processing, cell culture products
- Strict adherence to SOPs and cGMP regulations, the ability to accurately complete documentation associated with commercial manufacturing
- Excellent aseptic/sterile techniques and prior experience with cell culture, cell culture equipment including Wave bioreactors
Experience with handling and propagation of human primary cells, including T cells
- Excellent skill in Microsoft word, Excel and data analysis
- Ability to think critically, and demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to work off-shift and long hours as needed
- Ability to lift over 30 lbs.
*This Position qualifies for a $8,000 Sign-on Bonus, $4,000 payable within 30 days of start date and $4,000 payable following 6 months of continuous employment. Payments are subject to a 1-year repayment agreement from date of payment issue. Applies to external hires only.