Maintenance Technician - 2nd/3rd Shift - $8,000* Sign OnUnited States - Maryland - FrederickFacilities Operations/EH&SRegular
Description de l'emploi
We are seeking a highly motivated Maintenance Technician to coordinate/execute maintenance activities in our new manufacturing and administration buildings in Frederick, Maryland. This position will provide support to the facilities and engineering team and assist in the operation and maintenance of the company’s facility and equipment for production of cell-based therapeutics.
This position is to support Second or Third shift operations
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform monitoring of all BMS systems to ensure the facilities, equipment and environmental systems are within specified ranges and operating systems are functioning properly. Observes deviations from systems specifications and works with Facilities staff to correct or resolve these discrepancies. May assist in calibrating and fine‐tuning controls.
- Must exhibit proficiency with the Building Management System and its controls.
- Assists in tuning existing PID loop controllers and develops and implements control schemes and control techniques.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks including: HVAC, electrical and plumbing repairs, painting, office furniture installation, general building repairs, cleaning, building exteriors and other as assigned.
- Perform and organize preventative maintenance tasks while supporting maintenance and operational work orders and assignments.
- Maintain accurate records keeping equipment and systems cGMP compliant at all times
- Work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools as well as support company, department and personal goals and objectives
- Ensure manufacturing and all labs and lab personnel are supported to meet business needs, including: lab gasses, preventive maintenance, equipment service contracts and safety equipment.
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOP’s and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Able to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids and gasses, steam, and moving machinery
- Able to work after hours and on call as needed; weekend shift support and shutdowns
- Able to check and respond to and troubleshoot Equipment Monitoring System & Building Management Systems issues and alarms.
- Ensure maintenance work orders are being completed on time while adhering to operational standards.
- Possesses a mechanical and electrical acumen including HVAC, Purified Water system, facilities utilities, P&ID’s, schematics and equipment specifications is a must.
- Possesses an electrical acumen including understanding electrical single line diagrams, wiring diagrams, controls schematics and equipment specifications is a must.
- Have an understanding of operating and testing requirements for equipment and utilities.
- Acts as the point person for the Facilities Maintenance technicians while working closely with the manager to ensure strategy planning, implementations of plans, resolving problems while maintaining production quality.
- Have an understanding of quality systems; Change Control, Deviations, CAPA’s, Audits activities, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems required.
- Is accountable to the Maintenance Team Lead and/or Supervisor and the team for facilities performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Control automation and PLC experience
- Ability to read blue prints, control drawings and logic controls and BMS program language
- Knowledge of HVAC network systems, including fiber optic networks and building management communication networks, and ability to understand psychometric charts
- Ability to install relays and run wiring
- Ability to use temperature and relative humidity meters, data loggers, electrical volt and amp meters
- Self-starter with superior analysis and problem solving skills ranging from simple to complex situations.
- Be forward thinking the ability to work with system & technical metrics, identify variances & deficiencies while improving maintenance program and performance.
- Be proficient in MS Office.
- Demonstrates proficiency in current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Possess good communications skills to explain information and influence others to secure successful implementation of Facilities and Engineering programs and directives as assigned.
- Must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate dependability and timeliness.
- Willingness to put internal customer needs first.
- Have a high energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite “can do” attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles
- Master’s Degree and OR
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years’ experience in Maintenance OR
- AA Degree and 4+ years’ experience in Maintenance OR
- High School Degree and 5+ years’ experience in Maintenance
- Experience in Building Management Systems, HVAC automation controls, energy management systems, or other related experience.
- Maintenance experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company with direct experience with GMP facility operation.
- Exposure to operations involving engineering disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Process, Civil, Structural, Environmental, and Industrial
- Able to prioritize multiple task/priorities and the ability to work under specific time constraints are required.
- Demonstrated understanding of systems needed to lead a GMP facility such as: HVAC, electrical, process systems, plumbing/piping, general maintenance, pest management, both interior and exterior
- Lift, carry, push and/or pull 100 lb. of equipment or supplies
- Stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, climb, and or reach for 75% of a shift
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
- Business travel may be required.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today!
* This Position qualifies for a $8,000 Sign-on Bonus, $4,000 payable within 30 days of start date and $4,000 payable following 6 months of continuous employment. Payments are subject to a 1-year repayment agreement from date of payment issue. Applies to external hires only.