Senior Director, Medical Science Liaisons - Central Team, Oncology & Cell TherapyUnited States - Wisconsin - Madison, United States - Tennessee - Nashville, United States - South Carolina - Charleston, United States - Ohio - Cleveland, United States - North Carolina - Raleigh, United States - Minnesota - St. Paul, United States - Michigan - Detroit, United States - Louisiana - New Orleans, United States - Kentucky - Lexington, United States - Indiana - Indianapolis, United States - Illinois - Chicago, United States - Georgia - Atlanta, United States - Central Region, United States - Arkansas - Little Rock, United States - Alabama - BirminghamMedical AffairsRegular
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as Sr. Director, Medical Science Liaisons, Central Team. The Senior Director, MSLs, will lead a regional team of field-based Medical Science Liaisons who serve as the medical scientific face of Kite with thought leaders and healthcare professionals, to facilitate the scientific exchange of data and information on relevant disease states and Kite’s therapies and research and scientific platforms.
- Manage and professionally develop MSLs within the region including hiring, field training, evaluation, and coaching and mentoring team members, including field observation of team members, and corrective guidance, as needed.
- Provide meaningful guidance to motivate team and individual team members to achieve excellent results.
- Ensure that all interactions and activities in the region adhere to corporate and healthcare compliance guidance, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information.
- Provide an environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, in alignment with the company’s corporate strategies and goals.
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in relevant hematology/oncology disease states and therapeutic areas.
- Represent the company and Medical Affairs during exchanges with the medical/scientific community and with internal cross-functional colleagues.
- Interpret and translate national strategies and POA into regional POA, including the development and implementation of a regional opinion leader development strategy, and provide guidance and assistance to MSLs in developing and executing an opinion leader and healthcare professional strategy, including engagement of community healthcare professionals, in their individual territories.
- Guide and assist the MSLs in the coordination of opinion leader and healthcare professional interactions within and across the region, and with internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with the national head of the MSL organization to provide strategic and operational support for executing the ongoing MSL program and plan of action (POA).
- Clearly communicate the national, regional, and territory plans, targets, and POA; define, clarify, and develop the regional team priorities; actively support the regional team and their efforts by being their advocate and spokesperson, while balancing team’s needs with those of the broader organization; promote collaboration across the entire MSL team, within Medical Affairs, cross-functionally, and with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate within Medical Affairs to appropriately deploy MSLs in the region to respond to unsolicited requests while managing regional capacity.
- Represent the MSL function on US Medical Affairs and cross-functional teams, as requested.
Doctorate and 10+ years of experience in biotech/pharma, healthcare or academia
Master’s and 12+ years of experience in biotech/pharma, healthcare or academia
Bachelor’s and 14+ years of experience in biotech/pharma, healthcare or academia
Associate and 16+ years of experience in biotech/pharma, healthcare or academia
High School Diploma/GED and 18+ years of experience in biotech/pharma, healthcare or academia
- Live within Central Region (IL, IN, OH, WI, MN, MI, GA, AL, MS, LA, AR, NC, SC, KY, TN)
- 3+ years as a Medical Science Liaison
- 3+ years of previous MSL direction or overseeing/supervisory experience
- Demonstrated motivation skills (proactive, strategic, creates a highly accountable team culture, provides clear direction) with the ability to evaluate competing priorities to arrive at an appropriate decision that guides results
- Ability to develop and deliver high-quality presentations
- Knowledgeable in relevant scientific data in Hematology/Oncology, Cellular Therapy, and Bone Marrow Transplant fields, and relevant previous clinical experience
- Ability to liaise and coordinate activities between the field, Executive Director and the headquarters team
- Ability to work cross-functionally with colleagues in departments such as, but not limited to, Global Medical Affairs, Commercial, Marketing, Market Access, and Clinical Development
- Thorough understanding of applicable regulatory requirements for field-based personnel and PhRMA guidelines, including geographic regulatory related guidelines
- Collaborative, team-based approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders and a wide range healthcare professionals
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to guide multiple priorities and resources
- Excellent business skills/acumen; ability to translate scientific and clinical data and territory/regional information to various groups to achieve the identified business goals of the company
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel within the US a minimum of 60% of the time, occasionally with short notice
For additional benefits information, visit:
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com