Maintenance Technician II - $8,000* Sign OnUnited States - California - El SegundoManufacturing Operations & Supply ChainRegular
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician II to join our team here at our biotechnology facility in El Segundo, California that includes general laboratories for bioprocessing. In addition to facilities oversight activities, the Maintenance Technician will assist in the operation and maintenance of the company’s facility for production of cell-based therapeutics.
We strive to ensure manufacturing and all labs and lab personnel are supported to meet business needs, as well as all other facility support requests that lay the foundation to a world class support organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform monitoring of all BMS systems to ensure the facilities, equipment and environmental systems are within specified ranges and operating systems are functioning properly. Observes deviations from systems specifications and works with Facilities staff to correct or resolve these discrepancies. May assist in calibrating and fine‐tuning controls.
- Must exhibit proficiency with the Building Management System and its controls.
- Assists in tuning existing PID loop controllers and develops and implements control schemes and control techniques.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks including HVAC, electrical and plumbing repairs, painting, office furniture installation, general building repairs, cleaning, building exteriors and other as assigned.
- Perform and organize preventative maintenance tasks while supporting maintenance and operational work orders and assignments.
- Maintain accurate records keeping equipment and systems cGMP compliant at all times
- Must be able to work independently and make sound judgments regarding work methods and tools as well as support company, department and personal goals and objectives
- Ensure manufacturing and all labs and lab personnel are supported to meet business needs, including lab gasses, preventive maintenance, equipment service contracts and safety equipment.
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOP’s and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Able to work safely in an environment containing hazardous chemicals, high and low temperature liquids, high pressure liquids and gasses, and moving machinery
- Able to work after hours and on call as needed; weekend shift support and shutdowns
- Able to check and respond to and troubleshoot Equipment Monitoring System & Building Management Systems issues and alarms.
- Ensure maintenance work orders are being completed on time while adhering to operational standards.
- Possesses a mechanical and electrical acumen including HVAC, Purified Water system, facilities utilities, P&ID’s, schematics and equipment specifications is a must.
- Possesses an electrical acumen including understanding electrical single line diagrams, wiring diagrams, controls schematics and equipment specifications is a must.
- Have an understanding of operating and testing requirements for equipment and utilities.
- Acts as the point person for the Facilities Maintenance technicians while working closely with the manager to ensure strategy planning, implementations of plans, resolving problems while maintaining production quality.
- Have an understanding of quality systems; Change Control, Deviations, CAPA’s, Audits activities, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems required.
- Is accountable to the Maintenance Team Lead and/or Supervisor and the team for facilities performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree and OR
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years’ experience in Maintenance OR
- AA Degree and 3+ years’ experience in Maintenance OR
- High School Degree and 4+ years’ experience in Maintenance
- Experience in Building Management Systems, HVAC automation controls, energy management systems, or other related experience.
- Experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company with direct experience with GMP facility operation.
- Exposure to operations involving engineering disciplines including Electrical, Mechanical, Process, Civil, Structural, Environmental, and Industrial
- Able to prioritize multiple task/priorities and the ability to work under specific time constraints are required.
- Demonstrated understanding of systems needed to lead a GMP facility such as: HVAC, electrical, process systems, plumbing/piping, general maintenance, pest management, both interior and exterior
- Lift, carry, push and/or pull 40lb. of equipment or supplies
- Stand, walk, squat, bend, kneel, climb, and or reach for 75% of a shift
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
This Position qualifies for a $8,000 Sign-on Bonus, $4,000 payable within 30 days of start date and $4,000 payable following 6 months of continuous employment. Payments are subject to a 1-year repayment agreement from date of payment issue. Applies to external hires only.