QC Specialist IUnited States - California - Santa MonicaQualityRegular
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Join us in our mission!
The Global Raw Materials & Reagents, Center of Excellence (GRM&R CoE) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Quality Control Specialist I. In this role, you will be responsible for conducting QC sampling and inspection of incoming raw materials and submission of samples to internal and external testing labs. This individual will routinely collaborate with other functional groups at Kite, such as Supply Chain, SQM and QA to ensure timely disposition of raw materials in support of production.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform the primary duties of QC inspection of incoming raw materials and documentation, sampling raw materials and submission to internal and external labs, coordinate shipment of samples to contract labs.
- Review final raw material packets and submit to QA for final lot disposition.
- Maintain internal and external test results, and work with internal departments on timely raw material release.
- Assist with tracking of raw materials sample requests to the Kite and 3PL warehouses.
- As needed, compile data for trending or investigation purposes.
- As needed, perform testing of raw materials by following analytical methods: Compendial methods (pH, Osmolality, Density, Conductivity, etc.)
- As needed, maintain, calibrate and operate equipment and instruments supporting in-house raw material testing.
- Support team members with other duties as required, such as gathering documentation and data entry.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- Master’s Degree and OR
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years’ experience in the biotech/biopharmaceutical setting OR
- AA Degree and 4+ years’ experience in the biotech/biopharmaceutical setting OR
- High School Degree and 5+ years’ experience in the biotech/biopharmaceutical setting
- Strong understanding and experience operating within an GMP environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to keep track of multiple ongoing projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision and must be adaptable to a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills a must
- Experience with compendial methods preferable
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today!