Counsel, Commercial Contracts米国 - カリフォルニア - フォスターシティ法務・コンプライアンス正社員
Gilead's Legal Team is seeking a transactional attorney to join our awesome, dynamic Corporate Legal team. We are looking for an attorney with at least 2-4 years of experience in drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts. This individual will be primarily responsible for supporting the contracting needs of Gilead’s global commercial organization, including advising, drafting and negotiating contracts and other legal documents such as advertising, marketing, media, sponsorship, market research, and general service agreements, as well as conducting trainings, preparing internal resources and templates, and supporting legal office hours. In this role you will work closely with several other members of Corporate Legal to support the contracting needs of the commercial organization, as well as the broader Legal team to support other client groups, projects and work as needed.
We are looking for an individual who thrives in a high-volume, fast-paced, high-performing and collaborative corporate environment, who excels at and enjoys client service, and who takes pride in owning and producing high-quality work product and independently managing their workload.
The Corporate Legal team consists of 30+ smart, fun, collegial, hard-working and (occasionally) funny attorney and non-attorney professionals dedicated to Gilead’s mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative therapeutics for people with life-threatening diseases. The team is responsible for corporate and securities matters; M&A, licensing, collaboration and other strategic transactions; and day-to-day contracting support for Gilead’s commercial, research, facilities, manufacturing, IT, HR and other functions; and we often play a key role in coordinating with our legal and non-legal colleagues on business conduct, privacy and data protection, litigation, IP, regulatory, international and other matters.
Come join our team!
The person in this position will, among other things:
- Demonstrate excellent business judgment and ability to draft, negotiate and manage a wide range of legal documents to support the commercial organization within Gilead.
- Advise and provide training to the commercial organization on contract interpretation, dispute resolution, data security and privacy and other legal risks.
- Collaborate and work with other departments within Gilead, including Privacy, IT Security, Business Conduct, Pricing & Access, Trademark, International Legal, and Procurement.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures, including creating and updating contract templates and standard terms.
- Train and advise other attorneys and contract specialists on the Corporate Legal team on the preparation, negotiation and execution of contracts.
- Provide support on corporate transactions and other corporate legal projects, as needed.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to work with and coordinate activities across a large number of individuals across various departments globally.
- Appropriately manage workflow, set appropriate priorities with clients and deliver results efficiently.
- Think creatively, devise solutions to challenging problems and effectively drive issues to closure.
- Advance a positive spirit of partnership and collaboration with internal clients and legal colleagues.
- Solid grasp of contracting concepts and strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage and serve a wide range of clients within the company by prioritizing projects and responding efficiently and pragmatically to urgent situations and demanding clients.
- A team player who is collaborative, resourceful, flexible and willing to engage in a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral), research skills and attention to detail.
- Good business judgment, high level of professional integrity and the discretion, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive business matters.
- Dedicated to Gilead’s core values of integrity, inclusion, teamwork, accountability and excellence.
- Juris Doctorate from a nationally accredited law school.
- Admission to the California state bar, registration as in-house counsel, or ability to gain admission or registration for either within 90 days.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience at a national law firm and/or in-house experience drafting and negotiating a variety of legal contracts and transactional documents, with ability to handle responsibility with a minimum level of supervision. Experience with transactions in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry preferred, but not required.