Sr. Informatics Analyst, R&DUnited States – RemoteInformation TechnologyRegular
Sr. Informatics Analyst, R&D IT
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Sr. Informatics Analyst, R&D IT. You will work with the Information Technology team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cell therapy.
This role will work closely with the cell therapy research and clinical development business functions to create on-demand solutions to help us transform our data into the foundation for scientific insights. Our scientists generate complicated data from various labs and clinical trials.
Our goals are to manage data, bridge the gap between bench-scientists and data-scientists, and to turn numbers and text into useable information.
This important role requires problem-solving and creativity to identify the simplest user-intuitive solution to the scientists’ data dilemma.
- Work in partnership with bench scientists and data scientists across a wide range of disciplines and understand the challenges of managing the data.
- Support scientists to prepare, process, and organize experiments and assay data with custom software solutions.
- Responsible for collating and transforming raw data from across multiple sources, instruments, developing and maintaining datasets, improving data quality, building APIs for data consumption and integrating external or new data types to assist downstream data modeling.
- Responsible for analysing and visualising data to identify trends and researching new ways to make use of data.
- Responsible for building backend framework and Cloud based data processing for various assay data types.
- Responsible for establishing the connections of data processing applications to LIMS system via API development.
- PhD degree in Computer/Engineering and 3+ years of informatics solution development experience in industry
- Master’s degree preferably in Computer/Engineering or equivalent and 5+ years of informatics solution development experience in Industry OR
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer/Engineering or equivalent and 8+ years of informatics solution development experience in Industry
- Proficiency in SQL, R, Python is expected along with experience using relational and non-relational databases, schema design, and popular databases (Mango/Postgres/mySQL).
- Proficiency in AWS DevOps.
- Proficiency in data analysis experience using R Tidyverse and Python Pandas.
- Proficiency in using GitHub for application development.
- Experience creating interactive data visualizations with D3.JS, R Shiny, ggplot, matplotlib is preferred.
- Experience with LIMS API (Benchling) development is preferred.
- More than 1 year experience creating React + Redux + Typescript Applications. Alternatively, a developer with >4 years’ experience creating front end web applications who is excited to dive head-first into the React/Redux/Typescript framework.
- Experience in testing using Jest, Chai and React testing library is preferred.
- Knowledge of drug R&D, especially discovery screening automation is a plus.
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply today!