Senior Director, Market Access Account ManagementUnited States - Ohio - ClevelandMarket Access & Health EconomicsRegular
The Senior Director, Market Access Account Management, leads Kite’s market access account management team across both payers and providers for the U.S., with a focus on executing strategies to maximize patient access to Kite cell therapies, ensure appropriate reimbursement and coverage, and drive effective senior level customer engagements. This role also is responsible for successfully supporting the team in implementing potential new and innovative payment models, ensuring the expert delivery of approved clinical and health economic information that incorporates value and access considerations, and overseeing exceptional execution of innovative pricing and access strategies nationally. In collaboration with Kite commercial and medical teams, this role will help drive the development and implementation of the market access strategy nationally, ensuring patients and providers have competitive access to the Kite portfolio. The successful candidate will report to the Head of US Market Access and serve as a member of the US Market Access Leadership Team. The role is field based.
- Contribute to the development and ensure successful execution of Kite market access strategy nationally.
- Develop, implement and monitor regional market access strategy in conjunction with Value Access & Pricing team and cell therapy field teams.
- Ensure competitive patient access across assigned region at both payer and Authorized Treatment Center targets.
- Develop mechanisms and processes to regularly monitor account activity against goals and provide ongoing updates to the organization
- Lead account planning and profiling process aligned to US Market Access Strategic Plan.
- Assess access performance of Kite’s therapies within accounts in the region and lead the development and execute strategic plans for the accounts in the region
- Lead and mentor a team of field-based Market Access Directors
- Motivate, train and coach the team on complex clinical, financial and operational acumen
- Own the performance management and feedback process for the team, including regular customer visits with MADs to observe performance and provide coaching
- Retain top talent and develop individualized career development plans for team
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to support key Kite strategic market access activities
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional field-based partners to ensure highly effective customer account planning and engagements
- Identify opportunities and drive initiatives to improve customer engagements, education, and advocacy for Kite Cell Therapy portfolio.
- Develop significant relationships with senior account level leadership including the C Suite, as well as other decision makers and influencers across both payer / providers.
- Ensure team executes activities in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies that govern the conduct of Kite activities
- PhD OR
- MA/MS and 12 years’ experience OR
- BA/BS and 14 years’ experience OR
- High school diploma and 18 years’ experience
- MBA or other related graduate level degree
- Payer Account Management experience to include both national and regional account responsibility
- Progressive field leadership experience to include both District Management and Regional Director Management.
- Demonstrated record of successful account management team leadership within the US Payer Market and Institutional Market to include both national and regional payer accounts
- Previous or current Cell / Gene Therapy pre-commercial planning or commercialization experience preferred.
- Broad and diversified US Market Access expertise to include multiple therapeutic areas, complex treatment regimens, Oncology, HQ functional experience, and/or work experience at a US payer.