Senior Manager, Corporate CommunicationsUnited States - California - Santa MonicaPublic Affairs/CommunicationsRegular
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications – Santa Monica region (US)
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Would you like to join us in this mission?
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Corporate Communications to serve on our Public Affairs team who will be responsible for content oversight and digital asset management for the company. This role will collaborate closely with colleagues from the Kite and Gilead Corporate Communications Teams.
As a key member of Kite’s global Public Affairs team, you will be responsible for executing the corporate communications strategy, managing Kite’s digital assets and supporting employees in telling Kite’s story. Reporting to the Director of Corporate and Digital Communications, you will be exposed to various aspects of content management and strategy, from development to distribution. They will be an effective communications professional with experience in project management and/or editorial oversight of multichannel communications, digital content management, web development or a related field.
This position will work with our teams based primarily at our headquarters in Santa Monica, CA, but will work with teams across the organization.
Your responsibilities, among others, will be to:
• Maintain corporate library of digital assets for employee use, including a corporate slide library featuring key Kite presentations.
• Update monthly news flow tracker highlighting critical milestones, awareness days and initiatives for the Kite Public Affairs team.
• Regularly update and maintain corporate website content, including updates via the company’s content management system.
• Support social media content review process among key stakeholders. This may involve securing approval of content, posting content and/or routing responses appropriately.
• Support digital team in setting up new channels as business needs arise.
• Provide expertise in digital platform administration and stay updated on new online technologies, best practices and industry trends to identify innovative strategies and solutions.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members to advance Kite’s corporate narrative and ensure consistency of messaging and visuals.
• MA/MS in Communications, Liberal Arts, Business, or a science-oriented field with 6+ years of experience OR
• BA/BS in Communications, Liberal Arts, Business, or a science-oriented field with 8+ years of experience OR
• High School Diploma with 12+ years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing or a related field and 7+ years of work experience highly desired.
• Experience in project management/editorial oversight of multichannel communications, digital content ownership, web development or related field.
• A deep understanding of digital and social media platforms and experience executing multi-platform digital and social media strategies through editorial calendars and tactical plans.
• Experience in creating, writing and managing short video projects.
• Experience using CMS platforms for website updates.
• Ability to engage and guide multiple stakeholders to achieve goals.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience managing multiple projects (timelines, budgets, priorities) simultaneously; flexibility is essential.
• Experience managing multiple projects (timelines, budgets, priorities) simultaneously; flexibility and results-oriented focus are essential.
• Self-starting and excellent networking skills.