Senior Therapeutic SpecialistUnited Kingdom - Belfast, United Kingdom - EdinburghSalesRegular
Senior Territory Sales Specialist – Liver BU, UKI
Scotland, Ireland, NI
Gilead Sciences Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries world-wide, with headquarters in Foster City, California, USA.
In addition to other diseases areas Gilead continues to be committed to making a difference to those suffering with liver diseases and has a strong heritage within this emotive therapy area. Hepatitis D, also known as “delta hepatitis,” is a liver infection caused by the hepatitis D virus (HDV). Hepatitis D only occurs in people who are also infected with the hepatitis B virus and is often poorly diagnosed within the healthcare setting with limited treatment options.
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen to join the Commercial Liver Team as a Senior Therapeutic Specialist. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining a market leadership position in Scotland & Ireland and cross functionally driving the Hepatitis C (HCV) Elimination agenda as we work towards the WHO elimination goals of 2030. The successful candidate will be responsible for our Hepatitis C portfolio as well as helping to support the successful launch of a new product into the Scotland & Ireland Market within Hepatitis D.
It is an exciting time to join our Liver Franchise and be a part of an ambitious team committed to bringing innovative medicines to patients across the UK.
Specific Job Requirements:
Ideal candidates will have a passion for launching innovative medicines and possess a strong competitive mindset & robust scientific acumen. You will already have a solid track record of working within specialty medicine and successfully engaging with national &/or local key opinion leaders. You embrace a flexible approach in being able to adapt and manage the priorities across two diseases covering key accounts across Scotland, Ireland & Northern Ireland. You will be adept at deploying digital solutions as well as in-person engagement to optimize customer experience. You have the determination to deliver for your own business, whilst working in a highly integrated and collaborative manner with your cross functional colleagues and head office teams to deliver on Gilead’s ambitions.
- Harness a deep level of product and therapeutic disease working knowledge to promote the appropriate use of Gilead products to Liver Disease Healthcare Professionals
- Prepare business plans for key accounts within assigned territory, develop customer targets and communicate required actions to achieve business goals.
- Create a tactical engagement plan for the region using local and national resources to ensure broad customer reach and HCP peer to peer engagement
- Deliver on commercial targets in assigned territory, and with guidance, initiate systems to monitor sales progress and local account performance tracking
- Work co-operatively with Medical Scientists & Regional Market Access teams on relevant cross-functional projects via a key account management approach
- Assist in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, and communicate proactively to relevant cross functional teams
- Cultivate business relationships with key customers, and develop robust engagement plans with relevant national/local key opinion leaders
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Prior experience in the therapeutic field of infectious diseases, liver disease & prior experience in a highly competitive therapy area is preferred [previous therapeutic indication is highly desired]
- Must show demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment, understanding new business challenges and how digital solutions can help overcome them
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and build working relationships internally and externally, including progressive engagement with key opinion leaders
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independence
- Must demonstrate solid analytical skills and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to management and specialists
- Must be familiar with industry trends and remain current with competitors’ resources and practices
- Must be able to identify rising issues/solutions/opportunities and to present/communicate arguments to management/marketing
- Must have proven experience in account planning and cross-functional account management approach
- Manage territory budgets whilst also following business conduct procedures and requirements
- Represent Gilead at professional events
- Typical candidates must possess a BA or BS degree and relevant sales experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Complete necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses, etc.
- ABPI sales qualification is essential
- Full driving license
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to deliver in a very competitive environment
- High level of personal leadership with ability to motivate self & colleagues
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Operationally excellent
- Analytical with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
- Strong team player and cross functional approach
- Curious with learning agility
Gilead Commercial competencies
- Initiative into action
- Strategic approach
- Communications impact and influence
- Customer relationship building
- Customer and market insights
- Business analytics
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)