Senior Manager, Process Development Operational ExcellenceUnited States - California - Santa MonicaProcess/Product Development & OperationsRegular
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong Operational Excellence (OE) background to join us as a Senior Manager in the Cell Therapy Technical Operations, Process Development (PD) Business Operations organization. The successful candidate will lead and support cross-functional projects and operational improvement initiatives to enable our Process Development organization to advance our exciting and expansive CAR T and TCR pipelines and next generation adaptive immunotherapy.
This position will assist in implementing the Operational Excellence program in PD, operating across the four dimensions of the program:
- Gaining Leadership Engagement
- Employee Focus and Empowerment
- Implementing a Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Delivering Results
- Apply operational excellence principles and tools in leading and supporting initiatives to optimize operational efficiency within PD.
- Assist with the implementation of the Kite Operational Excellence Belt Program, including delivering training and coaching candidates through projects
- Work with the Kite Operational Excellence Center of Excellence and cross-functional core team representatives to align on OE implementation strategy across Kite.
- Drive the implementation of the OE program within the PD organization and provide facilitation and coaching on OE tools and principles to support projects. This will include facilitating workshops / Kaizen events to take teams through continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior members of the team. May have supervisory responsibilities with future direct reports in the future.
- MA/MS degree with 6+ years relevant industry experience in the biopharma / cell therapy industry or;
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years relevant industry experience in the biopharma / cell therapy industry or;
- HS Diploma with 12+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Engineering degree preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification/Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Experience/knowledge working in the biopharmaceutical/cell therapy field preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of MS Office Suite of tools, (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio). Experience working with Smartsheet a plus.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to collaboratively lead and work in cross-functional teams
- Strong track record of integrity and courage, with demonstration of intellectual honesty and ethical decision-making
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company environment with minimal direction and able to prioritize multiple tasks from multiple customers.