Director, Global Supply Chain Project ManagementUnited States - California - Santa MonicaManufacturing Operations & Supply ChainRegular
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Would you like to join us in this mission?
We are seeking a highly motivated leader to join our industry leading Cell Therapy Global Supply Chain (GSC) team as the Director of Global Supply Chain Project Management to establish and strengthen our project portfolio management and project planning/execution team. This opportunity will report into Senior Director of Global Supply Chain Business Operations, Risk & Intelligence.
The GSC Project Management team is accountable for the successful management and advancement of the GSC project portfolio and provides dedicated project management to all strategic Global Supply Chain projects. This team also partners with other Technical Operations functions: Quality, Process Development, and Manufacturing to coordinate resourcing requirements for Enterprise-wide strategic projects and initiatives. This leader will have the ability to drive high impact initiatives that will drive success for Kite’s Global Supply Chain entire end-to-end Project Portfolio.
To create a strong partnership with stakeholders and leaders across the corporation and to foster continued professional growth, we would like this Director to be based in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, CA with flexible/hybrid arrangement that requires minimum of 2 days/week onsite.
Responsibilities of the Director of Supply Chain Project Management includes:
- Leads, coaches, and mentors a team focused on the planning and execution of strategic programs and projects for a rapidly growing and maturing global supply chain organization focused on expansion and innovation in cell therapy supply chain management.
- Ensures project managers adhere to a standard and high-quality project lifecycle process, including business case development, approval, detailed planning, execution, and closeout for Global Supply Chain owned projects to ensure business results are achieved on time.
- Supports and develops staff to build/increase their competency in project management as well as planning assignments to provide development opportunities supporting their career aspirations.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and strategic direction to support and drive improvements to both the management and delivery of Global Supply Chain projects as well as project management processes.
- Partners with other department project management teams for cross-functional prioritization and resource availability and commitment to support the entire Global Supply Chain Project Portfolio.
- Establish operational cadence for performance measures and visual tools (i.e. dashboards) for Senior Leadership visibility
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities for strategic alignment to Technical Operations and Global Supply Chain goals
- PhD degree with 8+ years of Project Management and/or Supply Chain OR
- MA / MD degree with 10+ years of Project Management and/or Supply Chain OR
- BS / BA degree with 12+ years of Project Management and/or Supply Chain OR
- High School Degree with 16+ years of Project Management and/or Supply Chain
- 5+ years in a direct people manager / leadership role
- Proven history of team leadership and people development
- Experienced in building and leading functional project management organizations
- Supply Chain or Operations experience in GxP life sciences industry such as cell/gene therapy, pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device manufacturing
- Business leader skilled at interfacing and working collaboratively with other organizations
- Demonstrated mastery of project management processes and best practices
- Highly skilled communicator with proven ability to bring clear and concise insights to complex issues
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strategic thinking, strong business acumen, ability to manage complexity, and proven communication skills at all levels in the organization
- High proficiency in relevant technology such as MS Project, Smartsheet, Clarity, etc. for efficient project management execution and project portfolio management
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly fluid company environment with minimal direction
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply today!