Process Engineer II, Process Design -AllogeneicUnited States - California - Santa MonicaProcess/Product Development & OperationsRegular
Descrizione del lavoro
Kite is seeking a highly motivated individual with cell culture experience to work on innovative cell therapy modalities for cancer treatment. As a Process Engineer/Sr Research Associate in Process Design, the individual will work independently as well as collaboratively within a high-functioning project team. The individual should bring technical knowledge, initiative, strong scientific integrity, and an enthusiasm for learning in order to make significant contributions within the group. The individual will contribute in developing groundbreaking cell therapy products along with genomic editing to help design and scale-up cell manufacturing. In addition, they will support drafting protocols and technical reports for Kite’s engineered Allogeneic T-cell therapy products.
- Understand and execute protocols related to media and buffer preparation, cell culture, cell aseptic processing and other activities as needed.
- Perform hands on lab work to execute studies across multiple unit operations
- Collaborate and develop a thorough understanding of operating parameters of unit operations for essential process characterization and improvement.
- Design and optimize electroporation processes including evaluation of electroporation systems for genome editing and develop processes for large-scale cell therapy manufacturing
- Develop and optimize allogeneic cell therapy production platforms with a focus on T-cell isolation, enrichment, activation, and gene editing using viral and non-viral vectors
- Participates in decision-making processes within the project team by actively engaging in scientific and technical discussions.
- Enter and analyze data to support project leads in preparation of presentation, data graphs and reports.
- Manage samples and inventory related to each experiment.
- Participate in decision-making processes within the project team by actively engaging in scientific and technical discussions.
- Write and review technical and summary reports.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- MS in Biomedical Engineering or Biochemistry with 2+ years of cell therapy experience
- BS in Biomedical Engineering or Biochemistry with 4+ years of cell therapy experience
- AS in Biomedical Engineering or Biochemistry with 5+ years of cell therapy experience.
- High School diploma with focus in in Biomedical Engineering or Biochemistry with 6+ years
- Experience with cell therapy, T-cell product generation, chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) based T-cells with a basic understanding of cell biology or immunology
- Hands on experience with genome editing technology (e.g. CRISPR, ZFN) and viral transduction (e.g. RVV, LVV)
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry or other bioassays
- Practical demonstration of hands on process development including use of statistical design of experiment.
- Ability to work and collaborate in cross functional teams, research, development, manufacturing in a fast pace, dynamic team setting.
- Ability to think critically, analytically and have demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills based on deductive reasoning.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent with Microsoft office application, statistical analysis tools (JMP/ Minitab) and data management tools.
- The ability to accommodate occasional weekend and evening work.