(Senior) Medical Scientists / Medical Science Liaisons (m/f/d) Oncology – Breast Cancer - Region Rostock, BerlinGermany - BerlinMedical AffairsRegular
(Senior) Medical Scientists / Medical Science Liaisons (m/f/d) Oncology – Breast Cancer - Region Rostock, Berlin
Overview and key accountabilities:
We are building a team of Medical Scientists (MS, commonly known as MSL) as we are entering the field of breast cancer. The MS is a field-based medical-scientific expert in the assigned Therapeutic Area. Under the leadership of the MS Lead the MS executes the field medical strategy. This involves gathering insights, delivering medical education and communication, supporting clinical research projects, and managing other projects including educational events. This requires regular interactions with external stakeholders in the assigned territory and close national and international collaboration with colleagues from Medical Affairs and other departments.
The roles are field- based across Germany and cover a geographic area in the approximate range of 1-3 Federal States. We are aiming for the team to consist predominantly of more experienced Medical Scientists and Senior Medical Scientists, with a small number of Associate Medical Scientists, where appropriate. These roles require frequent national and some international travel (including internal meetings and external scientific conferences).
- Proactive and reactive medical-scientific communication and education to physicians and other healthcare stakeholders in the field. This may include the organisation of local educational events.
- Understand the medical landscape in the assigned therapeutic area and continuously gather insights from clinicians and researchers to inform the medical strategy. This may include the organisation of advisory board meetings or other insight-seeking activities.
- Identify and work with regional and national experts on various projects and other activities.
- Assists with Gilead clinical and real-world evidence studies, which includes collaboration with investigators and other personnel.
- Actively collaborates with the office- and field-based national and international Medical team.
- Works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Marketing, Clinical Research, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Communications, and other functions.
- Utilises scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings. Contributes to the development of educational materials such as slide decks.
- Travels to appointments, meetings, and conferences on a frequent and regular basis, occasionally with short notice.
Essential background and skills:
- Advanced scientific degree (e.g. MD, PharmD, PhD, MSc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Extensive scientific and/or clinical knowledge in oncology including in breast cancer
- Ability to embrace Gilead’s patient-centric values, including highest ethical and compliance standards
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and prioritization
Desirable background and skills:
- At least 3 years pharmaceutical company experience ideally within Medical Affairs
- Experience of working in an international environment
- Previous experience as a Medical Science Liaison
- Established German thought leader network in oncology, preferably in breast cancer, including gynaecologists and oncologists