Senior Process Engineer IUnited States - California - El SegundoManufacturing Operations & Supply ChainRegular
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Would you like to join us in this mission?
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Sr. Process Engineer I.
- You will be responsible for handling and maintaining automation-based systems and solutions which provide for flexible, creative, cost effective, compliant and quality-focused environment. The automation systems include:
- Site Historian System (including OSIsoft PI historian)
- Site Process Control PLC or DCS based System
- Building Management System (including HVAC, critical Utilities)
- Environmental monitoring system
- Site MES System
- You will implement automation changes to existing control system hardware and software, and supervises modifications done by outside vendors, including development of specifications and testing documentation.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- You will sustain plant automation engineering operations
- Automation Projects and CapEx: Developing, planning and implementing automation-based projects and solutions in collaboration with multi-functional teams, including determination and delivery on cost, time and quality to ensure the sustained production, successful product launches and customer satisfaction.
- These projects may be new facilities and/or retrofit of existing.
- You will support the validation of automation systems with QA Validation.
- You will provide leadership and/or technical support to projects in support of the Capital Plan.
- You will provide advanced technical expertise and advanced automation technical knowledge for troubleshooting, investigations and training.
- You will provide advanced automation system hardware support including installation and advanced automation system design for data integrity, stability and interface between different systems. You will ensure effective maintenance and availability of automation equipment.
- You will handle automation changes to existing control system hardware and software, supervising hardware and software modifications done by outside vendors, and development of specifications and testing documentation.
- How about optimization and compliance? You will be responsible for technical optimization of the automation systems.
- Do you have experience with creating, modifying and maintenance of automation system and documentation, including automation specification documents and SOPs, in a compliant state? If so, please include it.
- Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing in biotech/pharma industry Or
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing in biotech/pharma industry Or
- High School degree with 12+ years of experience in engineering, manufacturing in biotech/pharma industry
- Possesses good communication skills to promote cross function discussions and communications
- Experience working on cross functional teams to obtain project deliverables
- Experience with systems investigation and root cause analysis tools
- 5+ years hands-on experience with OSIsoft PI historian
- Experience with MES, CMMS, BMS, and/or DCS program design and implementation.