Director, Medical Affairs - Real-World Evidence US LeadUnited States – Remote, United States - California - Santa MonicaMedical AffairsRegular
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
The Director, Real World Evidence-US Lead, develops and implements RWE strategy to support key activities in the US. The Director works cross-functionally to content expertise and tactical support for the implementation of observational research across the portfolio. This role will be reporting to the head of RWE team at Kite, Executive Director.
- Develop US RWE plan and strategy
- Lead and support key data generation activities in the US.
- Strategic and tactical support for cross-functional RWE development including registries, burden of Illness/natural history of disease for regulators, payers, and clinicians
- Rotating member of non-interventional study protocol review groups
- Adapt performance metrics and dashboards for RWE project within their therapeutic area
- Assess research gaps and goals across key partners and disease areas to determine proactive RWE/observational research plan in the US.
- Possess superb communication skills, advanced customer experience, comprehensive understanding of strategies to translate observational research methods and results to diverse audiences
- Effectively guide internal and external stakeholder expectations regarding strategic goals and follow through of research
Doctorate Degree and 8+ years of observational research study management or data analytics experience
Master’s Degree and 10+ years of observational research study management or data analytics experience
Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years of observational research study management or data analytics experience
- PhD in biostatistics, epidemiology, health economics and outcomes research, health policy, or similar
- Formal training in Epidemiology/Health Services Research
- 5+ years-experience in observational research study management AND data analytics, either within industry or with an observational research consulting firm
- Thorough understanding of the 21st Century Cures Act and the opportunities for use of RWE to inform regulatory decision makers
- Advanced knowledge in observational research design
- Excellent interpersonal communication and study management skills
- Ability to take detailed observational study results and communicate them in a clear, non-technical manner to internal cross-functional teams, using language that resonates with the teams, while maintaining the integrity of key findings
- Ability to work effectively in a constantly changing, diverse, and matrix environment
- Excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
#LI-ML1The salary range for this position is: $209,865.00 - $271,590.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit:
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com