Assistant Buyer EU, Sourcing, & Procurement InternshipNetherlands - HoofddorpManufacturing Operations & Supply ChainRegular
As an Intern in the Sourcing & Procurement European team at Kite you will be providing procurement support to strategic sourcing projects in the Facilities & Engineering domain working closely with the Senior Strategic Indirect Buyer, regional F&E teams and the Lead of EU Sourcing & Procurement. The Intern is expected to proactively engage with key stakeholders.
Kite, A Gilead Company
At Kite, we are at the forefront of immunotherapy and engineered T cell therapy. We are helping change the paradigm of cancer treatment and we are revolutionizing individually tailored treatments. That means a fast moving and constantly changing environment, where we make discoveries every day – discoveries that include our own capabilities and our individual potential.
We’re currently seeking to recruit highly motivated talents for different positions, to join us and be part of our exciting journey in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies and their translation to the treatment of patients with cancer.
You will be part of the EU Sourcing & Procurement department which has been established in 2020 and therefore, you can help shape our organization going forward with your personal experience and motivation. You will be working with the Senior Strategic Indirect Buyer and in close alignment with the local F&E team, but will also support the Direct team on various projects. Our offices are based in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands (close to Amsterdam airport).
- Support in running various sourcing projects: tender, negotiation, contracting, spend and category analysis
- Building strong SRM and structure: active participation in QBRs, suppliers meeting, sourcing requests, meeting coordination and reports
- Help in the local implementation of a global provider (total 4MEur spend)
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal stakeholders
- Supporting the team in procurement needs: quote negotiations, CDA creations, contract tracking, budget understanding, savings pipelines…
- Leading contract/negotiations on some Facilities categories (<50KEur) and project implementation
- Maintain the “Supplier toolkit Best Practice” book with the inputs of SMEs
- Support the team on operational procurement tasks – approval requisitions on our ERP
- Coordination and verification of our “Items information” database for the direct categories.
Joining the Sourcing and Procurement EU team is also an opportunity for you to learn thanks to a detailed plan elaborated with the purpose of allowing you to grow your Procurement knowledge.
Inputs for the trainee:
- “Sourcing strategy” skills: business needs analysis, supplier relation management
- Development of self-management skills and Procurement know how
- The opportunity of taking part to different missions or projects, while developing ability to be proactive and independent
- A continuous follow-up and training, through regular meetings with the supervisor and a full assessment before the end of the mission.
About to start or finish a Master’s degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain, Business or a similar degree
- Experience in strategic procurement, sourcing, category management and cost analysis.
- Experience in regulated industries, preferably with an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, its quality requirements and GMPs.
- Experience in operating in cross-functional teams in an international environment.
- Solid contract negotiation and management skills.
- Mandatory: fluent in English, Proficient in Excel & Powerpoint, strong analytical skills, excellent clarity in presentation and communication
- General expectation: good and positive attitude, willingness to learn, proactivity & curiosity, comfortable in an international environment, autonomous, ability and motivation to create new structures and templates
- A team player collaborating well in cross-functional matrix environment, ability to communicate and work independently with scientific/technical personnel.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced expanding company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.