Undergraduate Intern, Global Packaging EngineeringUnited States - California - Santa MonicaManufacturing Operations & Supply ChainIntern
We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate individuals to join our Summer Internship Program! As an intern at Kite, you’ll have the unique opportunity to learn about cell therapy from some of the brightest minds in biotech while making a meaningful impact. We’re committed to developing early talent, and we welcome motivated individuals with a passion for transforming the way cancer is treated. The program also offers the opportunity for networking within Kite and Gilead, social events with fellow interns and Kite leadership as well as career development trainings while providing competitive compensation and relocation assistance for eligible candidates.
The individual in this intern position will be responsible for helping the Global Packaging Engineering team achieve sustainability goals. This will involve 1-2 main projects to design and qualify processes for shipper reuse. Additionally, the responsibilities would include performing various tasks to update current processes to be more environmentally friendly.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop shipper reusability qualification process
- Apply shipper reusability qualification process
- Additional sustainability projects
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without work authorization sponsorship now or in the future
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree program at an accredited U.S. based university/college
- Must have completed at least one year of study at an accredited university/college prior to internship commencing
- Must be enrolled full-time in the Fall Semester at an accredited U.S. based university/college after the completion of the internship – with earliest graduation date of December 2023 or Spring/Summer 2024
- Must be able to complete a 10-12 consecutive week internship between May and August
- Must be able to relocate if necessary and work at the designated site for the duration of the internship
- Must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and first booster shot
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Currently enrolled in bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Packaging Engineering, or any other Engineering discipline.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to identify issues and seek solutions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively/Ability to work in collaborate in cross functional teams in fast pace, dynamic team setting
- Efficient, organized, and able to handle short timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and/or interest in the Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical or health-care industry
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and regulatory policies