Senior Manager, Project ManagementUnited States - California - El SegundoProject ManagementRegular
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong Operational Excellence (OE) background to join us as a Senior Manager at Kite’s manufacturing site in El Segundo, CA. This position will lead the implementation of an Operational Excellence program at Kite’s manufacturing site in El Segundo, CA, operating across the four dimensions of the program:
- Gaining Leadership Engagement
- Employee Focus and Empowerment
- Implementing a Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Delivering Results
The successful candidate will assist with the implementation of the program by working on a daily basis with floor-level teams as well as site management to setup and execute their individual programs, such as daily huddles and tier meetings. They will also help guide OE project teams and assist with training employees on OE tools and techniques.
- Apply operational excellence principles and tools in leading and supporting initiatives to optimize operational efficiency across the site.
- Assist with the implementation of the Kite Operational Excellence Belt Program, including delivering training and coaching candidates through projects.
- Work with the Kite Operational Excellence Center of Excellence and cross-functional core team representatives to align on OE implementation strategy across Kite.
- Drive the implementation of the OE program at the site and provide facilitation and coaching on OE tools and principles to support projects. This will include facilitating workshops / Kaizen events to take teams through continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience in project management, manufacturing in biotech/pharma industry Or
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience in project management, manufacturing in biotech/pharma industry Or
- High School degree with 12+ years of experience in project management, manufacturing in biotech/pharma industry
- 8+ years of pharmaceutical or biotech cGMP exposure
- 4+ years’ experience with knowledge management and change management principles and methodologies
- Knowledge and understanding of Six Sigma and Lean principles – Black Belt certification
- Experience in life sciences industry such as cell/gene therapy, pharmaceutical, biotech or medical devices
- Ability to engage internal and external stakeholders effectively, facilitate discussions, influence effectively and develop relationships; Ability to drive efforts and projects through relationships and a broad knowledge base
- Self-motivated, proactive and responsive, highly organized, results-oriented and attentive to detail