Head of Site Supply ChainNetherlands - AmsterdamManufacturing Operations & Supply ChainRegular
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the Head of Site Supply Chain to work in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. The department supports our commercial manufacturing operations in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands. In this role, we would like you to lead the Site Supply Chain organization and continue to develop the business processes required for site planning and scheduling, materials management, warehouse management and supply chain operations for the facility. This role reports to Vice President, Site Head , dotted line to the Vice President Global Supply Chain and is part of the Commercial Site Leadership Team (CSLT)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with regional Supply Chain, this position is responsible for leading the production planning, material control, inventory control and shipping/receiving functions for a high volume cell therapy manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for an organization that will oversee production planning, material planning and sourcing, warehouse management, shipping/receiving, and providing raw materials to manufacturing.
- Coordinate the activities of department management, and provide direction and assistance on resolution of complex issues, compliance issues and potential problems related to production planning and material management.
- Make or recommend appropriate decisions consistent with strategic direction.
- Manage the supply and demand between the plant and the corporate supply chain function.
- Staff development, budgeting and cost control, talent mapping, succession planning, the development of strong leaders within the function, and multi-function long-term planning.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, IT and other groups to develop ERP modules for logistic and planning at the site
- Minimize variability and align logistics, demand planning and sourcing to ensure minimum financial impact and uninterrupted manufacturing operations and cold chain workflow
- Create and maintain planning and logistics metrics to enable process improvements
- Identify risks associated with meeting the inventory strategies and develop contingency plans around that risk as needed
- Develop staffing models to ensure department is appropriately staffed and trained to meet all capacity requirements
- Drive continuous improvement of the Materials Management network design
- Develop and implement protocols and practices to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of strategic initiatives
- Apply new warehouse technologies to minimize errors and improve efficiency
- Develop reports and dashboard to monitor performance against metrics and KPIs
- Manage the creation, implementation and compliance for all documentation, procedures and policies
- Overseeing, either directly or indirectly, change controls, investigations, and deviations
- Hire, train, develop, direct, mentor, and evaluate team members to accomplish established goals
- Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate training curricula
- Assist in managing the budget and ensure the department adheres to the approved budget
- Provide periodic reports to Site Leadership on progress and challenges
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or related discipline; Industrial Engineering Degree and/or MBA preferred
- At least 8 years of relevant operations management experience at a pharmaceutical or biotech company with specific emphasis on manufacturing, supply chain, or quality on-the-floor.
- APICS, Project Management, and/or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Working knowledge and understanding of GMP, GCP, GDP, and relevant ICH and FDA guidelines
- In depth knowledge of supply chain operations in a cGMP setting including international distribution experience.
- Strong management skills and experience in clinical or commercial manufacturing with the flexibility to handle multiple tasks
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Cold chain knowledge and experience in a pharmaceutical or medical setting
- Experience with Oracle EBS, SAP and similar strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Role will have multiple contacts across internal and external groups
- Process-oriented with strong analytical skills for risk identification and management
- Proficient in MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Warehousing software
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities