Research Scientist - Analytical AutomationUnited States - California - Santa MonicaProcess/Product Development & OperationsRegular
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
We are seeking a highly motivated and highly skilled Research Scientist to join the analytical automation team within the Kite Pharma Analytical department.
The successful candidate will be partnering with the characterization and testing teams, contributing to platformed, optimized, modular, and scalable integrations aimed at automated execution of standard operating procedures for flow cytometry assays. This includes implementation of fit-to-process lab instruments at performing sample and reagent formulation, cell staining procedures, and readout.
Collaborate with analytical subteams at performing risk assessments, DOEs, authoring and review of SOPs. Act as a contributing partner at understanding FACS panels design from CQA study plans. Coordinate a QbD-appropriate automation strategies with automation engineers, scientists, and programmers towards deployment of platforms that automate routine method executions.
Assist and train junior members of the team.
Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing; may participate and present in group meetings.
PHD and 0 years of industry experience OR
Master’s Degree and 6+ years of industry experience OR
Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of industry experience OR
High School Degree and 12+ years of industry experience
• Flow Cytometry experience is preferred, particularly with understating of complex gating schemas and familiarity with the Beckman Cytoflex S and LX cytometers.
• Experience with liquid handlers (TECAN Fluent, Formulatirx i8, etc) and scripting with GreenButtonGo, VWorks scheduling, or FluentControl software, or equivalent.
• Basic cell biology and immunology knowledge and technical familiarity with performing cell-based assays (cell culture, primary cell isolation and culture, in vitro proliferation, ELISA, etc.)
• Preferred candidate will also be familiar with JAVA, R Script, or any other coding tools. Experience in developing new software components and supporting, modifying, and maintaining systems and code developed by others.
• Motivated at learning new skillsets, particularly with designing and deploying boundary applications to automate data management that integrate with Laboratory Information Management (LIMS) and Laboratory Execution (LES) systems.
• Knowledge/experience on real time multithreaded communication between software and instrument.
• Ability to troubleshoot and optimize assays as needed, identifying, and applying novel techniques or protocols from the scientific literature.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are preferred.
• Highly collaborative; able to maintain productive cross-functional interactions, think critically, and work resourcefully to resolve problems as they arise
• Excellent computer skills, knowledgeable in Windows-based systems and able to learn new software and hardware quickly.
#LI-ML1The salary range for this position is: $136,000.00 - $176,000.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit:
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com