Manufacturing Engineer III (Packaging)Ireland - CorkManufacturing Operations & Supply ChainRegular
The role is required to execute Engineering packaging continuous improvement small projects related to daily operations. Partner with the Packaging operations team to deliver & support day to day operations within GSIUC packaging operations including developing as the Engineering OEE SME. Support the NPI activity and increased complexity of packaging operations with new equipment & technologies.
- Partner with a team of Engineering and maintenance personnel which shall include external contractors.
- Support the compliance activities of the Engineering team in Packaging.
- Support introduction and integration of new technologies (e.g. Aggregation, Blister & device packaging) and\or new processes, as needed & support delivery of the business goals.
- Partners with the Engineering team on the specification, installation, utilization, qualification, and improvement of equipment used for solid dose and vial products.
- Frequently interacts with cross functional groups. Interactions normally involve equipment related matters, implementation of projects and leveraging cross function support to implement efficiency programs.
- Support implementation and development of Engineering policies, procedures, techniques, standards, and systems.
- Prepares project plans and manages small sized projects to successful and timely completion. Support the team and functional areas to anticipate, identify and resolve complex Engineering/Technology issues in compliance with codes.
- Supports the Continuous Improvement process by passionately seeking ways to improve Engineering processes and packaging equipment performance. E.g. OEE
- Provides guidance to resolve day-to-day Engineering issues and advice regarding compliance queries.
- Works on problems where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors, establishment of root cause & implementation of corrective actions to meet business targets on equipment.
Knowledge & Skills
- The ideal candidate will possess proven Packaging technology experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of pharmaceutical packaging, process manufacturing, OEE, MTBF, and root cause failure analysis.
- Effectively participates in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards along with knowledge of industry practices.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
- Ability to develop solutions to a wide range of moderately complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Demonstrates extensive understanding and application of process engineering principles, concepts, and practices, and standards.
- Demonstrates proficiency in current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety regulations.
- Relevant years of experience and a BS or BA or related fields.
- Has previous experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry.
- Has previous experience in engineering in highly regulated manufacturing environments
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.