Associate Director, Business OperationsUnited States - California - El SegundoProject ManagementRegular
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of Associate Director, Business Operations to work in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy to support the development, management and execution of the Site Operating Model, and lead the Site Operations Excellence Program, and Project Portfolio governance. The Associate Director, Business Operations will report to the Site Head, Manufacturing for our El Segundo facility and will act as the Chief of Staff for the Site Head.
This role is based out of our offices in El Segundo, CA.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for Site Governance Oversight and performance reporting process
- Interface with Senior Leadership to gather strategic business initiatives and develop organizational Goals & KPIS.
- Development and management of the Site Business Risk Register
- Develop, deploy, and manage Operational Excellence Program throughout the site having direct accountability for the success of the program to deliver operational efficiencies and cost savings
- Responsible for Portfolio Management Process within the site (i.e. Project INTAKE, Project Reporting, Change Management)
- Participates in the identification and execution of strategic projects to support business growth objectives in collaboration with the Site Head.
- Facilitate and coordinate team meetings, generate and distribute meeting minutes, key conclusions, and action items on a routine basis.
- Possess the ability to handle pressure and directing/managing a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate success in influencing teams without authority.
- Develop and maintain collaborative work relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to problem solve and delegate appropriate tasks to collaborators and follow-up as needed to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to manage in a highly fluid, interactive, Site-matrixed environment
- Has a flexible and is willing to perform varying duties depending on the shifting needs of the Site Head
- PhD and 2+ Years’ experience in Project Management OR
- Masters' Degree and 8+ Years’ experience in Project Management Or
- Bachelor's Degree and 10+ Years’ experience in Project Management Or
- AA degree with 12+ year's of experience in Project Management OR
- High School with 14+ year's of experience in Project Management
- 6+ years of industry experience a plus
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate preferred
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects
- Lean or Six Sigma experience or certification.
- PMP Certification or similar experience preferred.
- Expert level proficiency with project management software
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies that lead to processes for achieving results
- Experience building complex schedules utilizing sub-schedule integration structure with performing critical path analysis
- Excellent organization and planning skills