Research Scientist, Analytical Operations (Peptide, Parenteral, or Inhaled Product Characterization Specialties)United States - California - Foster CityProcess/Product Development & OperationsRegular
- Responsible for conducting scientific research for the development of drug candidates or the support of marketed drugs.
- Applies the principles and techniques of Analytical Chemistry to products and problem-solving.
- Learn, understand and master several experimental techniques. Quickly adapt and employ new experimental approaches as needed based on the changing nature of R&D.
- Works under minimum supervision of senior staff to advance the development of state-of-the-art techniques to characterize drug substances and drug products.
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Maintains full working knowledge of principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports Company interests.
- Demonstrates emerging ability in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and interpreting experimental outcomes.
- May make contributions to scientific literature and conferences or regulatory filings.
Essential Education, Experience & Skills:
- PhD in pharmaceutical sciences, analytical or physical chemistry, materials science, or engineering. Post Doc or industry experience strongly preferred.
- Possess understanding of analytical and physical chemistry principles.
- Demonstrate experimental precision, accuracy and strong data interpretation skills.
- Logical, data driven, independent thinking, problem solver, innovative, creative and resilient
- Excellent scientific and business communication skills (both verbal and technical) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in amino-acid synthetic peptide physical and chemical characterization through chromatographic techniques (e.g. SEC, CE, RPLC, HIC) and peptide mapping is strongly preferred
- Experience in developing analytical methods for parenteral and/or inhalation products is strongly preferred.