Senior Cell Therapy Account Specialist - VirginiaUnited States - Virginia - Arlington, United States - Virginia - Richmond, United States - Virginia - RoanokeSalesRegular
Territory: Richmond, VA
Covering: The state of VA
Travel: up to 25% overnights
The Senior Cell Therapy Account Specialist position is responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets and consistently achieving sales goals. Additionally, this person is responsible for driving appropriate cell therapy referrals from community oncologists to Kite’s Authorized Treatment Centers (ATCs). This role reports to the Regional Director of Sales.
- Responsible for representing Kite’s products and services to a defined customer base, generating and growing sales and consistently achieving or exceeding sales targets within a specific geographic area.
- Responsible for developing an understanding of the issues and opportunities unique to each geography.
- Comprehensive understanding of Kite and competitor products in their therapeutic area, and an in-depth knowledge of the complexities associated with the disease state.
- Actively promotes the appropriate use of Kite products to healthcare professionals in accordance with Corporate, PhRMA and OIG guidelines.
- Demonstrates leadership among peers by consistent application and modeling of the appropriate compliance, behavior and conduct.
- Strict compliance with all regulatory agencies, state, and federal law is required.
- Develops and aggressively implements a territory business plan to meet customer needs and achieve goals.
- With guidance, initiates systems to monitor sales progress and action plans.
- Prepares territory budget plans for customer contacts, unrestricted educational grants, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- Works cooperatively with Medical Scientists, National Account Managers, Cell Therapy Account Managers, Marketing and other internal Kite team members on various cross-functional projects related to specific accounts or physicians. May work in collaboration with outside partner companies to co-promote products or services.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- Reports adverse events to Kite’s Drug Safety and Public Health department and other internal departments as appropriate per required guidelines.
- Performs all administrative functions required of the position, including reporting call activity and customer information into the appropriate call reporting system in a timely manner, submitting expenses, etc.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures and business ethics and demonstrates Kite’s company values of Teamwork, Excellence, Accountability, Integrity and Inclusion.
- Master’s degree and 5 years of sales experience OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of sales experience OR
- High School diploma and 11 years of sales experience
- Sales experience in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics or medical device strongly preferred
- Possess superior selling skills honed in highly competitive markets
- Proven and consistent track record of meeting/exceeding sales objectives, preferably in specialty markets
- Oncology, Hematology and/or rare disease sales experience preferred
- Strong clinical understanding of cell therapy and ability to manage complex treatment logistics
- Previous product launch experience in a highly competitive environment preferred
- Proven expertise in building relationships and influencing
- Aptitude for rapid learning and retention of technical and scientific product related information.
- Ability to set high goals and standards of performance and be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy