QC Microbiology Technician I - $8,000* Sign OnUnited States - California - El SegundoQualityRegular
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a QC Microbiology Technician in our new commercial cell therapy production center located in El Segundo CA. You will work with the Quality Control team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This position provides Quality Control microbiological testing for clinical and commercial manufactured product, responsible for product testing, microbial growth promotion testing, utility testing and environmental monitoring.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Perform environmental monitoring of cleanrooms
- Collect water samples to ensure all sample collected per schedule and tested on time
- Perform and review microbiological assays such as Gram Stain, Endotoxin, Sterility, Microbial Identification, Growth Promotion, Bioburden and Plate Reading
- Perform and review visual inspection of final product
- Data entry and trend data as needed and prepare slides for management
- Assist in investigations regarding out of specifications (OOS) results, address and manage deviations related to micro procedures.
- Routine maintenance of lab equipment and lab spaces
- Review and approve all final product release test results
- Perform other duties as required
- AA Degree and 1+ years’ experience in Microbiology lab/Environmental Monitoring OR
- High School Degree and 2+ years’ experience in Microbiology lab/Environmental Monitoring
- Experience in the application of microbiological techniques such as environmental air monitoring, water testing, surface monitoring
- Experience in aseptic techniques and clean room operations
- Ability to gown for entry into Aseptic core and supporting areas, and lift approximately 25 lbs.
- Ability to pass vision exam for visual inspection
- Knowledge of GMP, SOPs and quality control processes for commercial manufacturing
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Ability to be flexible with schedule, and work overtime as needed
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today!
* This Position qualifies for a $8,000 Sign-on Bonus, $4,000 payable within 30 days of start date and $4,000 payable following 6 months of continuous employment. Payments are subject to a 1-year repayment agreement from date of payment issue. Applies to external hires only.