Sr Associate Scientist -Analytical OperationsUnited States - California - Santa MonicaProcess/Product Development & OperationsRegular
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Kite is seeking a highly motivated individual with analytical development and support experience to work on innovative cell therapies for cancer treatment. The successful candidate will join the Analytical Testing and Logistics team, in Analytical Development, and be responsible for reagent qualification of critical reagents used in analytical testing. The candidate will plan and execute Flow Cytometry, ELISA, Cell-based and Molecular Biology assays, analyze and review experimental data, and carefully document execution. The individual will also lead/support Innovation initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Contribute to analytical lab operation activities that support advancing process and product understanding of Kite’s cell therapy products
• Implement critical reagent selection, preparation, and qualification procedures to enable consistent method performance and coordinate transfer of all critical reagents, including cell lines
• Coordinate with Analytical Development teams and maintain cell lines, as needed, for method development
• Track inventory of reagents and cell lines, provide cross training, support user training on instruments, conduct sample analysis/data analysis and management, as it relates to critical reagent qualification
• Execute sample testing using Flow Cytometry, Immunoassays, Cell-based assays and PCR-based assays, and perform cell culture on a regular basis to enable reagent qualification
• Perform data analysis, data review, and data reporting
• Conduct troubleshooting, as necessary.
• Use Good Documentation Practices (GDP) to document laboratory activities and ensure data integrity, and maintain accurate documentation of experiments in an ELN system
• Write, review and edit technical documents, including SOPs, protocols, and reports,
related to critical reagent preparation and qualification
• As needed, maintain, calibrate, and operate instruments associated with testing, including flow cytometers, spectrophotometers and thermal cyclers
• Assist with laboratory administrative duties
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned, to reflect changes in business processes
• MS degree in the field of Biological Sciences, or related field, with 4+ years of experience OR
• BS degree in the field of Biological Sciences, or related field, with 8+ years of experience OR
• High school diploma and 10+ years of experience
• 2+ years of Flow Cytometry/ELISA experience, in academia or industry, including 6+ color Flow Cytometry assay experiences
• Technical expertise in Flow Cytometric/ELISA instrument, trouble shooting, and proficiency with flow cytometry software (e.g., FlowJo, FACSDiva, CytExpert, FACS Express)
• Basic immunology knowledge, hands on experience in cell culture, knowledge in PCR, ELISA, and cell sorting
• Previous experience with cell therapy products, is a plus
• Experienced with using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with JMP statistical software, is a plus
• Excellent organization and communication skills, as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to work in a cross-functional/matrix environmentThe salary range for this position is: $117,725.00 - $152,350.00. Gilead considers a variety of factors when determining base compensation, including experience, qualifications, and geographic location. These considerations mean actual compensation will vary. This position may also be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus, discretionary stock-based long-term incentives (eligibility may vary based on role), paid time off, and a benefits package. Benefits include company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans*.
For additional benefits information, visit:
* Eligible employees may participate in benefit plans, subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For jobs in France:
Conformément à la Loi « Informatique et Libertés » (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les données personnelles renseignées pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront être transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de rectification et de suppression des données vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com