Senior Market Access Manager, Netherlands (Oncology)Netherlands - AmsterdamMarket Access & Health EconomicsRegular
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff of more than 10,000 people is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through on-going development. Our scientific focus has resulted in 26 marketed products, a pipeline of late- stage drug candidates and patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
Gilead Sciences Netherlands is based in Amsterdam with approximately 40 employees. By joining our team, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life threatening diseases.
As a lean organization, Gilead offers a committed and inclusive working environment, where you can take accountability and make a difference. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases and cancer.
Following the expansion of the Oncology franchise with the acquisitions of Immunomedics, the Dutch Market Access team is expanding with a new and exciting opportunity for an Oncology Senior Market Access Manager. This role will have overall responsibility to lead initiatives for gaining national and local access while maximizing the value of the new Oncology portfolio in the Dutch market.
Responsibility covered by this role include development and execution of pricing & reimbursement strategies, developing compelling value propositions, including economic and clinical argumentation for national and local payers. Furthermore, this role will work in close alignment with the cross functional teams at Gilead and have an import role in interacting with key external stakeholders (e.g. authorities and payers).
Additionally this role will cover a broader scope of Market Access responsibilities, such supporting the strategic pricing across the entire Gilead portfolio. The flexibly of the organization and evolving product portfolio of Gilead also entails that the scope of this role could evolve and broaden in the future to provide further development opportunities.
The role will report to the Director Market Access and Reimbursement and will be primarily office based at the Amsterdam office.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead and implement the market access, reimbursement and hospital access strategies for the new Oncology therapeutic area in collaboration with external and internal partners
- Leads on delivery of successful HTA outcomes to gain reimbursement on national and funding on local level for the Oncology portfolio in the Netherlands
- A key member of the cross functional team, providing strategic input for the development and support of the brand value story and developing the appropriate tools for the delivery of the brand value messages to payer stakeholders
- Supports and implements pricing strategies and initiatives in alignment with local procedures and consistent with the global pricing strategy
- A key player in the Market Access team, engages and leverages network with national payers and other relevant Market Access stakeholders (such as VIG and Healthcare Insurers)
- Work together with the key account team to develop value propositions that enable local hospital access solutions which result in outcomes benefiting patients and Gilead.
- Flexibility and growth mindset to take on new challenges within the Market Access team
- Affinity and solid understanding of pricing dynamics that impact the Gilead portfolio, and drive to raise the bar on current practices
- Establishes working relationships with all relevant functions across Gilead franchises, and supports development of account plans with Gilead teams to ensure access for Gilead products.
- Ensures all activities are compliant with Business Conduct Manual for the Netherlands affiliate but also external guidance and policies which are pertinent to somebody working in this role.
Ideally, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Master of Science or PhD degree in Economics, Health Economics, Business studies, Medicine, Pharmacy, or another relevant topic
- Robust and demonstrable experience in developing, implementing and performance delivery of market access and health economic strategies and materials
- At least 3 years’ experience in Market Access, ideally with a proven record of gaining national access for new medication in the Netherlands
- Solid understanding of Market Access processes and payer needs and strategies at national and local level in the Netherlands
- Driven & proactive with strong analytical skills to lead Oncology access initiatives
- Demonstrates accountability, a mindset that works through uncertainty, delivers to expectations and exhibits a sense of urgency on critical time-dependent issues
- Capability to network, build strong and credible relationships with payer stakeholders
- Strong teamwork and facilitation, effective working in matrix environment and managing cross functional responsibilities
- Have excellent communications skills in Dutch and English (oral and written) to be able to present recommendations at affiliate leadership and above country level.
- The ideal candidate will align with Gilead’s core values by being accountable for their work, displaying integrity in everything they do, thriving in a team environment, ensuring inclusiveness and seeing excellence as the only measure of success.
- Previous experience in working on oncology products will be preferred.
Gilead Core Values
INTEGRITY – Doing What’s Right
INCLUSION – Encouraging Diversity
TEAMWORK – Working Together
EXCELLENCE – Being Your Best
ACCOUNTABILITY – Taking Personal Responsibility