Senior Financial AnalystUnited States - California - El SegundoFinance & AccountingRegular
Everyone at Kite is grounded by one common goal – curing cancer. Every single day, we seek to establish a direct line between that purpose and our day-to-day work. Does this sound exciting to you?
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst whose primary responsibilities will revolve around supporting a manufacturing site, driving budget and forecasting processes, and maintaining the planning system (Hyperion) for actuals reporting and forecasting/budgeting. This is a high visibility position, is operational and is business partner to the Site leadership team. The position will report directly to the site finance lead.
RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to):
- Assist in the development and coordination of financial budgets (OPEX, headcount and capital) for the Site, in partnership with department heads/project leads.
- Work with stakeholders (Manufacturing, Quality, and Process Development) at the site to identify, track and implement cost savings initiatives.
- Build and consolidate summary files for reporting actuals, forecast and budget.
- Work with Accounting on monthly close and provide monthly accruals/reclasses.
- Assist in building management-level presentations for Site leadership.
- Assist in performing ad hoc analytics (NPV, headcount analyses, overtime, etc.) and roll-ups.
- Assist in day-to-day management of departmental financial analysis needs.
- Assist in accounting close process by analyzing variances and ensuring financial reporting is accurate.
- Develop process improvements for financial reporting.
- Other ad hoc analysis and duties as assigned.
- MA/MS (Finance or Accounting Field) with 3+ years of experience OR
- BA/BS (Finance or Accounting Field) with 5+ years of experience OR
- High School Diploma with 9+ years of experience
- Experience in high-growth and multi-national organization, a plus
- Highly proficient in Excel (including the ability to perform pivot tables, VLOOKUP and high-level functions and formulas) and PowerPoint with Think-Cell.
- Solid proficiencies utilizing key finance systems and reporting software (such as Oracle, Hyperion Planning/Essbase, SAP, and COGNOS planning).
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Detail-oriented, exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and comfortable managing through complexity and change.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills, including strong people skills in working with stakeholders across the Site/Company.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience, a plus.
- Cost accounting background, a plus.