Medical ScientistUnited Kingdom - Edinburgh, United Kingdom - London, United Kingdom - NewcastleMedical AffairsRegular
Medical Scientist/ Medical Scientific Liaison – Oncology
Gilead Sciences, Inc.is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, cell therapy and invasive fungal disease.
Gilead has declared Hematology-Oncology as one of the key therapeutic areas for future growth. Gilead is growing its pipeline in immune-oncology through internal research, partnerships and acquisitions. We have an exciting opportunity to join the team for breast cancer in Gilead Sciences, UK and Ireland.
This is a field-based Medical Scientist (MS) position, with local responsibilities. Working as part of an experienced team in head office, a Team Leader and other MSs, your focus will be on scientific exchange with specialist hospital staff working in the field of metastatic triple negative breast cancer initially, and as more data emerges further indications in breast cancer and other solid tumours.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- The MS works with external experts to deliver disease focused medical education.
- Establishes strong relationships with opinion leaders, clinical investigators and providers in academic and non-academic settings.
- Identifies and engages regional and national experts as speakers through personal contacts and on-site visits.
- Assists investigators with submission to Gilead of investigator sponsored trials and grant requests in oncology.
- Anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise in the field and resolves them in a collaborative manner.
- The MS works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Regional Market Access, Marketing, Clinical Research, Global Safety and Medical Communication.
- Others both from within and outside Gilead seek the MS out for expert advice and collaboration.
- Utilises scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings.
- The MS involves extensive travel including appointments and meetings across his/her territory, as well as national and international conferences and meetings in the affiliate office on a regular basis.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- The candidate must have a strong scientific background with a medical or pharmacy degree, or a higher (e.g. MSc or PhD) degree.
- Good knowledge of the NHS environment and management of solid tumours (ideally breast cancer) is required.
- Previous Medical Scientific Liaison experience is ideal, but a candidate with a good working knowledge of clinical aspects of solid tumour oncology would be considered.
- The individual must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to work well in a team, proactivity and personal initiative are key attributes as is a willingness to take ownership of and deliver specific projects when asked.
Gilead Core Values
INTEGRITY – Doing What’s Right
INCLUSION – Encouraging Diversity
TEAMWORK – Working Together
EXCELLENCE – Being Your Best
ACCOUNTABILITY – Taking Personal Responsibility
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead