QC Technician - Sample managementNetherlands - AmsterdamQualityRegular
USP of position: As QC Technician – Sample management you will be responsible for managing QC samples from manufacturing.
Kite, A Gilead Company
At Kite, we are at the forefront of immunotherapy and engineered T cell therapy. We are helping change the paradigm of cancer treatment and we are revolutionizing individually tailored treatments. That means a fast moving and constantly changing environment, where we make discoveries every day – discoveries that include our own capabilities and our individual potential.
We’re currently seeking to recruit highly motivated talents for different positions, to join us and be part of our exciting journey in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies and their translation to the treatment of patients with cancer.
As QC Technician – Sample Management you’ll be joining a newly formed team in which people of all backgrounds and experiences are respected, and where working together focused on saving lives, by finding the cure for cancer, is a daily activity.
QC Sample management is a unit within the QC Services Department. QC Services is a service unit providing services involving Data management, LIMS support, sample management, material management of the Laboratories, Incoming Goods sample management and laboratory equipment lifecycle management. The team is diverse, enthusiastic and hard working.
You’ll be reporting to the QC Team Lead Sample management.
In this role, you will ensure support of high quality for Quality Control and operations while ensuring compliance of protocols, GXP and safety regulations. Due to the nature of the treatment, this role requires high level of proficiency and ownership of the process, with the highest skill of aseptic techniques and precision. You will participate in setting up the sample management laboratory of the new manufacturing site and make a substantial contribution to our treatment and the growth and development of Kite Pharma.
Your responsibilities, among others, will be:
- Receival, processing and distribution of QC samples (Centrifuge, aliquot by pipetting) to QC labs
- Ship samples off site for testing
- Develop, revise and review procedures
- Perform inventory management of lab supplies and materials
- Housekeeping of sample management area
- Perform routine maintenance of lab equipment and lab areas
- Perform supporting assays such as incubation of EM samples and particle isolation
- Perform other duties as required
Challenges of the Role
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Improvement of current procedures and workflows
- Timely processing of a continuous sample flow at a high pace
- High quality with a minimum of deviations (First time right)
The ideal candidate for this position has a hands-on mentality and thrives in a fast-paced environment. In Sample Management a strong sense of organization is required to ensure that the sample flow is not compromised.
The ideal candidate must be willing to work in shifts and overtime when needed. Basic laboratory techniques are required and preferable QC experience.
- Middelbaar Laboratorium Onderwijs (MLO, Preferable level 4) or similar educational background.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience
- Understanding of aseptic techniques
- Pipetting skills with high precision and accuracy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Verbal communication skills and able to read in English are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- QC experience in a technical role in the biotech and/or Pharmaceutical Industry
- Sample management experience
- Sample shipment experience
- Assisting with investigations
- Knowledge of GMP, GDP and SOP’s
- Hands-on, roll up your sleeves mentality
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and team player skills
- Service-minded and flexible
- Working independently with minimum guidance
- Working in shifts (including weekends, early mornings and (late) evenings and bank holidays)
- Work overtime as needed
As we extend our global reach, we need colleagues interested in change, in challenge, and in building a new future together.
If you have the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and feel that the moment has come for you to be part of such an exciting journey towards eliminating the burden of chronic cancer care, don’t miss out on this opportunity to join us and discover your sense of purpose.
Only candidates in possession of a valid EU work permit will be considered.
Recruitment agencies: We seldom make use of agencies, and when we do, we have a PSL in place. We would appreciate if you did not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly, since we will not be able to respond to you.