HR Business PartnerNetherlands - AmsterdamHuman ResourcesRegular
Kite, A Gilead Company
At Kite, we are at the forefront of immunotherapy and engineered T cell therapy. We are helping change the paradigm of cancer treatment and we are revolutionizing individually tailored treatments. That means a fast moving and constantly changing environment, where we make discoveries every day – discoveries that include our own capabilities and our individual potential.
We’re currently seeking to recruit highly motivated talents for different positions, to join us and be part of our exciting journey in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies and their translation to the treatment of patients with cancer.
We are one company at multiple locations. While it all started in Santa Monica, we now have several locations and facilities. We continue to expand our global footprint and we are in the process of building a new manufacturing site in Hoofddorp (near Schiphol).
Reporting to the European Kite Head of HR (based in Amsterdam), this role provides HR support to our manufacturing site in Amsterdam. The HRBP will support several functions within the manufacturing site and will be a key player in setting up the HR department for Kite EU Manufacturing, all set for continued tremendous grow over the coming period. The majority of staff on site is Technical Operations oriented, and the site also has support functions as finance, legal, IT etc. Kite is a functionally organized organization, with HR reporting into the Global Kite organization.
By the very nature of a rapidly growing and highly demanding business, the demands upon the HRBP are wide and varied. For the HR department there are demanding performance expectations, a need between balancing pragmatic solutions, flawless execution and the ability to partner & challenge effectively. At the same time, and consistent with the overall culture at Kite, this role will require someone who is comfortable in being hands-on.
Our HR Model works with Centers of Excellence (COE) in Total Reward, Learning & Development, Employee Relations, Talent Acquisition and HR operations. Consequently, this role will ideally suit a self-starting team player who understands how to successfully operate through a matrix model, build strong international networks, and is an advocate of high performance business.
- Operating as an HR business partner, you will be responsible for successful delivery of world-wide, EMEA & regional HR initiatives (e.g. performance management, talent & succession planning, recognition), as well as owning HR service delivery for the affiliate
- Works closely with the leadership team members providing proactive HR leadership and consulting to enhance employee commitment & engagement
- Designs & delivers HR programs to support business objectives
- Implements programs in accordance with company-wide human resources policies and procedures
- Advises managers and employees on HR policy and process matters (including managing employee relation issues), making or recommending appropriate decisions consistent with employment legislation and Gilead policies
- In partnership with Learning & Development, manages training needs analysis, role development, and coaching to build capability. Provides support in building cross functional and high performing teams
- While not necessarily the subject matter expert in each HR specialty area, must be able to discuss the fundamental issues of the HR functional areas (learning & development, reward, resourcing, change etc.) with management
- Develops and conducts presentations to employees and managers on a variety of HR subjects
- Build relationships with key suppliers internally & externally e.g. centers of excellence, shared service center, legal specialists, coaches, works council etc.
- Reviews operational HR processes to ensure they are fit for purpose, recommending & implementing changes as appropriate
- Excellent consulting, stakeholder management & communication skills; strong relationship builder
- Must be able to exercise judgment and demonstrate the confidence to act independently where appropriate
- Experience in people/management development; strong coach – with leadership teams, high potentials and managers on dealing with HR issues
- HR, promoting the HR brand, employee brand & company values (accountability, excellence, teamwork, integrity & inclusion)
- Ability to operate in an international matrix environment
- Combination of resilience & intellectual rigor
- Passionate about customer service & service delivery
- Comfortable to challenge the status quo to drive the businesses forward
- Process orientation, attention to detail & project management skills
- Strong and efficient execution on core processes & transactional activity to ensure appropriate controls are embedded in the business
- Able to prioritize work
- Able to work with different cultural backgrounds to provide on-site HR support
- Profound understanding of local work law and ability to interlink professionally with external lawyers to drive critical topics
- Degree or diploma in an HR-related discipline
- Master qualification desirable
- 5 years relevant experience
- Requires an knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures, with experience of operating in at least one of the target markets
- Ideal candidates will either have prior experience with works council and leveraging shared service / CoE models, or be highly engaged in making this model deliver maximum impact
- Work in high-growth, lean organization and pharma/biotech experience is desirable, as is an understanding on technical operations/manufacturing
- Fluent in English and Dutch