Automation EngineerNetherlands - HoofddorpFacilities Operations/EH&SRegular
At Kite, we are at the forefront of immunotherapy and engineered T cell therapy. We are helping change the paradigm of cancer treatment and we are revolutionizing individually tailored treatments. That means a fast moving and constantly changing environment, where we make discoveries every day – discoveries that include our own capabilities and our individual potential.
We’re currently seeking to recruit highly motivated talents for different positions, to join us and be part of our exciting journey in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies and their translation to the treatment of patients with cancer.
As Automation Engineer you will oversee and maintain automation-based systems and solutions which provide for flexible, innovative, cost effective, compliant and quality-focused environment. The automation systems include Cell Processing Equipment Automation, Site Building Automation System, including utility and HVAC controls, Site Equipment Monitoring System, Site Critical Power Management System, and Site Historian Systems (including OSIsoft PI historian) – these systems will have both PLC and embedded control-based components.
Additional you will be responsible for a technical role during the design, start-up, commissioning and qualification of new site’s Automation infrastructure and systems. As such, this individual will work closely with the IT functions while collaborating with the site’s Quality, Maintenance, Laboratories and Manufacturing unit.
- Implementation of automation changes to existing control system hardware and software, and supervises modifications done by outside vendors, including development of specifications and testing documentation
- Sustaining plant automation engineering operations
- Automation Projects and CapEx: Developing, planning and implementing automation based projects and solutions in collaboration with cross-functional teams, including determination and delivery on cost, time and quality to ensure the sustained production, successful product launches and customer satisfaction (these projects may be new facilities and/or retrofit of existing)
- Support the validation of automation systems with QA Validation and provides technical skills to projects in support of the Capital Plan
- Provide technical expertise and automation technical knowledge for troubleshooting, investigations and training
- Provide automation system hardware support including installation as well as automation system design for data integrity, stability and interface between different systems. Ensure effective maintenance and availability of automation equipment
- Optimization and compliance: Responsible for technical optimization of the automation systems
- Creation, modification, and maintenance of automation system and documentation, including automation specification documents and SOPs, in a compliant state
- MSc/BSc Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of cGMP manufacturing and/or process automation and/or process engineering experience
- Experience with EMS/BMS systems, specifically Priva & Lighthouse, is strongly preferred
- Experience in Process Equipment Automation and PI/MES would be considered an additional strength
- Possesses good communication skills to promote cross function discussions and communications
- Experience working on cross functional teams to obtain project deliverables as well as systems investigation and root cause analysis tools
- Implementation and program design expertise with MES, CMMS, BMS, and/or DCS
As we extend our global reach, we need colleagues interested in change, in challenge and in building a new future together.
If you have the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and feel that the moment has come for you to be part of such an exciting journey towards eliminating the burden of chronic cancer care, don’t miss out on this opportunity to join us and discover your sense of purpose.
As part of our recruitment process, you will be asked to complete a short 20-minute online Occupational Personality Questionnaire (OPQ) and/or a capability test.
Would you like to know more before you apply? Please visit us at www.kiteamsterdamcareers.com or contact Robert-Jan Verwaal, Sr Recruiter, at CareersEU@kitepharma.com .
Only candidates in possession of a valid EU work permit will be considered.
Recruitment agencies: We seldom make use of agencies, and when we do, we have a PSL in place. We would appreciate if you did not contact hiring managers or the recruitment team directly, since we will not be able to respond to you.