Maintenance Technician II - $8,000* Sign OnUnited States - California - San DiegoFacilities Operations/EH&SRegular
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician II to join our team here at our biotechnology facility in Oceanside, CA
- Install, calibrate, troubleshoot, repair, and modify process control instruments or systems for manufacturing applications.
- Install, calibrate, troubleshoot, repair, and modify electronic, electromechanical, and pneumatic control devices for utility systems which support the manufacturing facilities.
- Perform calibrations and scheduled preventive maintenance on analytical and other laboratory instruments
- Test control systems and assist in validation of new and existing manufacturing facilities
- Continuously evaluate maintenance/calibration practices to eliminate nonproductive activities and implement productivity enhancements
- Must possess full knowledge of the fundamental operating principles of industrial process instrumentation and process control systems
- Be proficient in ISA standards and practices for instrumentation
- Understands impact of equipment and system changes and alarms through DCS, Delta V, and/or local loop controllers
- Knowledge of and ability to use Computerized Maintenance and Calibration Management Systems
Essential duties and job functions:
- Performs installation, maintenance and repairs of line manufacturing equipment.
- Independently locates and diagnoses failure, replaces defective components, and performs basic troubleshooting using standard electronic equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals and verbal and/or written instructions.
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- Uses a variety of hand, power and test tools and equipment.
- Provides general maintenance support as designated by supervisor to include any or all of the following areas: utility equipment; HVAC equipment; water for injection; product storage; welding, fabricating, construction, and installations.
- Coordinates maintenance on critical systems/equipment with supervisor.
- Creates or revises standard operating procedures.
- Complies with all safety regulations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- May be required to perform the duties of Maintenance Tech I as required by supervisor.
- Performs multi-shift work as required.
- Is required to respond to emergency notifications via phone after hours as needed.
- May be required to perform calibrations per Metrology procedure as designated by Supervisor.
- Calibration responsibilities may include: temperature; pressure differential room pressures; chart recorders; freezers/refrigerators; incubators; HVAC.
- May create calibration procedures for new systems.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience in maintenance in a biotech/pharma industry Or
- AA degree with 4+ years of experience in maintenance in a biotech/pharma industry Or
- High School diploma with 5+ years of experience in a biotech/pharma experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety regulations.
- Previous experience with initiating and owning quality records such as deviations, CAPAs, and Change desirable.
- Previous experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals commercial manufacturing environment desirable.
- Utilizes established precedents and policies.
- Possesses good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates knowledge of maintenance systems, methods and procedures.
- Is able to recognize deviation from accepted practice and troubleshoot.
- 3+ years of relevant experience and a high school diploma.
- Current Leaving Certificate and Trades Certificate GSL.